How Do You Feed 3 Week Old Puppies - Yeah Please Suck My Fingers Little Dogs ... Milk Is Prepared No

Funzy Pics - Your Daily Dose of Fun! - Have FUN Every Day!

Install the Android app: Funzy Pics

How Do You Feed 3 Week Old Puppies - Yeah Please Suck My Fingers Little Dogs ... Milk Is Prepared No

By Pining Funzy Pics
5.0 stars based on 51 reviews

f the pups are orphans you need to keep feeding them a milk replacement while they learn to eat kibble and drink from a dish. At 3 weeks they are not very coordinated but you can get them to drink from a shallow pan rather than using a baby bottle or some similar feeding device. If you are weaning the pups I would wait another couple weeks before starting the process to allow them to become a bit more coordinated, then simply soften puppy food in warm water and put it where the pups can get to it but Mom can not - she will clean it all up and the pups won't even get a taste.
The secret to getting orphaned pups to drink from a pan is to put the dish in the middle of a banana box and position 2-3 pups at a time around the edge so that they can't back away from the dish. Next you dip your finger in the milk and put it under their nose until they start to lick at it then slowly lower your finger into the formula until they are drinking on their own. Yes it will be a very messy event but they should be much neater in as little as a week.
My preference for a milk formula consists of evaporated milk, karo syrup, egg yolks and peanut oil. This mix is usually very well received since it is sweet like mother dog's milk and will provide adequate calories for growth. You can add baby cereal (rice is my favorite) to thicken it and encourage the transition over to a commercial dog food. I usually have my pups eating the dry puppy food by the time they are 6 weeks old.

Fire Elf - Best Vacation Destinations

Page generated in 0.3369 seconds.